Below is the English translation of an article taken from the 27 December 1938 issue of Al Fazl in which a summary of the first ever speech by Khalifatul Masih at the first Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya Ijtema was presented.
Qadian, 25 December 1938
At 3pm, Hazrat Amirul Momineen, Khalifatul Masih II, delivered an important address at the annual Ijtema of Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya at Masjid Nur.
Since a large number of Ahmadis (by the grace of God) had arrived in Qadian to partake in the Jalsa Salana, aside from Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya, many other individuals were also part of the Ijtema. Thus, the Ijtema became incredibly magnificent.
Hazrat Amirul Momineen delivered an address after the recitation of the Holy Quran and nazm. Huzoor stated at the onset that he had been suffering chest pains since the day before due to which it was difficult for him to even stand, let alone speak. Since the Ijtema was taking place at his direction, Huzoor said that he found it necessary to acquaint people with his thoughts.
After this, Huzoor stated that the entirety of national progress was due to the youth. If a nation’s youth correctly sustain the traditions which run in that nation, then it can survive for a long time. However, if the future generations are counterproductive then that nation can never progress, rather, the progress that has already been achieved also turns into decline. In this regard, Huzoor drew the attention of the youth towards completely adhering to the system of the Jamaat and the ideals that had been laid down in the constitution of Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya and further directed the youth that they:
1. Harbour emotions of reverence for Ahmadiyyat in their hearts
2. Instil steadfastness within themselves
3. Create a habit of hard work
4. Refrain from personal and self-styled ijtihad and qiyas (interpretations of Islamic texts)
5. Create a broad vision and be well acquainted with current affairs
6. Instil integrity in themselves
7. Partake in Khidmat-e-Khalq (service to mankind) activities
8. Undertake honesty
9. Always place their goals in front of them
10. Deem themselves responsible for the outcome of any task
11. Be ready to be reprimanded in the case of mistakes being made
12. Understand the principle that whoever dies for their nation does not die and that so long as the nation lives, true life remains. Thus, in comparison with the establishment of a nation’s life, personal sacrifices hold no reality
13. Become capable of self-reformation and also the reformation of one’s surroundings
14. Employ reasoning in a task
15. Instil the element of obedience in oneself
16. Always know that the Jamaat only proceeds towards progress
In the end, Huzoor stated that Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya had not made any arrangements for the reformation of the young children and that they should also pay attention towards the reformation of young children and familiarise them with these habits so that when they mature, they can prove to be beneficial for the Jamaat.
Huzoor then led the silent prayer and the event concluded with slogans of “Hazrat Amirul Momineen – Zindabad!”.
[Translated by Nauman Hadi, London]