The Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat (AMJ International) in the UK requires the services of an Ahmadiyya Historian for 3 months. The applicant should be able to collate and categorise material from Ahmadiyya publications, videos, books and newspaper cuttings worldwide so that decisions can be made on what information about the community should be conveyed on an internationally accessible website. To this end, the applicant should possess:
- An in-depth knowledge of Ahmadiyya religion, history and culture.
- Possess suitable qualifications with respect to Ahmadiyya religion, history and culture, including a Shahid degree.
- Possess experience in information gathering and categorisation for purposes of media display.
- Possess requisite IT skills to enable digitising of information and to troubleshoot issues on software /hardware that may arise in undertaking the specified task.
- Whilst working with a team, be responsible by virtue of his / her expertise in deciding what information on Ahmaddiya’s history, religion, and culture should and should not be included on the website.
- Language skills: Urdu and Arabic
The successful applicant will be paid an annual salary of GBP 6,780 per annum and be provided with travel, boarding and/or lodging by the employer. The role will be based at the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat International in London SW19 Office. All applicants interested in the position are required to submit their CVs to the email@example.com by 25th September 2023.