Basit Ahmad, Missionary, Ivory Coast
On 20, 21 and 22 December, Jamaat-e-Ahmadiyya Ivory Coast held their 35th Jalsa Salana.
This year, Hazrat Amirul Momineen, may Allah strengthen his hand, sent Asad Majeeb Sahib, Missionary and General Secretary of Jamaat Belgium and Umar Muaz Sahib, Missionary and Naib Amir Mali Jamaat as representatives of the Markaz.
Every day commenced with congregational Tahajud prayer and on each day, various speeches were delivered, which included the following topics:
– Significance of Jalsa Salana
– The Holy Prophet Muhammad’ssa services to mankind
– Religion: A guarantor of social peace
– The Holy Prophet’ssa example of governance
– Blessings of Khilafat
– Why I accepted Ahmadiyyat (An interesting platform for new converts to share their stories of accepting the true Islam)
Similar to previous years, this year, a blood bank was set up for people to donate blood at the occasion of Jalsa Salana. A total of 69 people donated blood.
The media also covered Jalsa Salana Ivory Coast and on RTI, the national channel, the Jalsa was given coverage twice before it commenced. The representative of the channel attended all three days of the Jalsa and gave coverage throughout. Similarly, radio stations also gave coverage. Five newspaper representatives were also present to report.