Who can be appointed as the wali at a nikah?


Nazarat-e-Islah-o-Irshad Rishta Nata asked Hazrat Amirul Momineen, Khalifatul Masih Vaa about the appointment of a girl’s sister’s husband as the wali for her nikah

Huzooraa, in a letter dated 30 August 2020, gave the following instructions:

“In the absence of a girl’s father or brother at her nikah, the paternal male relative [usbah], who is closest to her in terms of the degree of kindred, will be her wali, provided that he has the best interests of the girl at heart in every respect, as the word wali [guardian] itself demands. 

“However, if nobody from the girl’s usbah is available, then the Khalifatul Masih shall be her wali. The wakil [attorney] for the nikah of such a girl shall be appointed by the Nizam-e-Jamaat and that is the way of Jamaat-e-Ahmadiyya.”

No posts to display


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here