100 Years Ago… – Daily diary of Hazrat Khalifatul Masih II: In Kashmir and meeting with a Parsi


Al Fazl, 14 July 1921

Hazrat Khalifatul Masih in Kashmir

Dear Editor Al Fazlassalamo alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

On 4 July [1921], Hazrat Khalifatul Masih II[ra] was in good health by the grace of God Almighty. Huzoor[ra] remains occupied in writing work till about 12 noon and after the Zuhr and Maghrib prayers, he sits in the prayer room where discussions continue for a long time. 

A lot of outside friends also come to meet Huzoor[ra] and benefit from him. 

On 4 July, after the Zuhr prayer, a Parsi who is the dastur [leader] of a large sect of Parsis, came to pay a visit to Hazrat Khalifatul Masih II[ra]. He discussed various topics with Huzoor[ra] for about three hours. Apart from politics, religion was also discussed and I will send a separate, brief report of it later, insha-Allah

This gentleman is elderly and a very noble person. The time for Asr prayer came between the conversation. Huzoor[ra] led the prayer. At the same time, the Parsi gentleman also prayed with us in his own way. The series of discussions continued after the prayer. The Parsi gentleman left with a positive impression. 

Hazrat Musleh e Maud 2

After Maghrib prayer, Huzoor[ra] spoke with Khalifa Nuruddin Sahib about predicaments in the expansion of the Jamaat in Kashmir.

On 5 July [1921], Hazrat Khalifatul Masih II[ra] was very well by the grace of Allah the Almighty and he said, “Today, after about three months, the temperature has returned to normal.” After Asr prayer, Huzoor[ra] went for an excursion on a boat.

On 6 July [1921], Huzoor[ra] was in good health and the Nasnoor Jamaat came to visit him. He continued to talk to them after Zuhr prayers. After Asr prayer, Huzoor[ra] went for a walk.

On 7 July [1921], Hazrat Khalifatul Masih II[ra], along with ahl-e-bait, the immediate family of the Prophet Ahmadas, and khuddam, went to Nishat Bagh for recreation. Huzoor[ra] spent the whole day there. After Asr prayer, he had a temperature. Huzoor[ra] did not lead the prayer himself due to the high fever.

On the morning of 8 July [1921], Hazrat Khalifatul Masih II[ra] could not come for the [Fajr] prayer due to a high fever. However, the Friday sermon was delivered by Huzoor[ra] himself. His health is now well by the grace of Allah the Almighty.

Humbly yours, Syed Mahmudullah Shah

(Translated by Al Hakam from the original Urdu in the 14 July 1921 issue of Al Fazl)

No posts to display


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here