Al Fazl, 18 November 1920
Announcements of Bai‘at
1. I have been engaged in seeking the truth for a long time and every now and then, I used to talk to Ahmadis about the Ahmadiyya Jamaat. For the past few weeks, there was an extensive exchange of views with esteemed Jan Muhammad Alam Khan and Muhammad Amin Sahib about the Jamaat. Finally, God Almighty, with His grace and mercy, has enabled me to openly express the truth.
Now, I declare that I have sincerely accepted Hazrat Mirza Sahibas as the prophet of this age and the Promised Messiah and by taking Bai‘at at the blessed hand of Hazrat Khalifatul Masih II[ra] through a letter, have entered the Jamaat-e-Ahmadiyya, alhamdolillah. Members of the Jamaat are requested to pray wholeheartedly that God Almighty may grant me perseverance in this path.
(Ferozuddin Ahmadi, Head Clerk, Poona [now Pune])
2. Dear Hazrat Khalifatul Masih[ra], assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu! I have been listening to the message of Hazrat Mirza Sahib, the Promised Messiahas, through my sincere friend, Mirza Ahmad Baig Sahib, for quite some time. My heart has firmly accepted his words.
Today, I request you to count me among the true believers of your beloved Messiah and Mahdi, peace be upon him, and carry out a special prayer for this sinner from the depth of your heart. Please pray for me with special attention for I am a great sinner. Although many people consider me a noble person, but I know I have sinned a lot.
I request you to pray for me that God Almighty may purify my heart from all sins and make me a true Ahmadi. May I become a true lover of the Messenger of God, the Holy Prophet Muhammadsa and the Promised Messiahas. May Allah the Almighty protect me from any kind of trial. May God save me from every difficulty. I will be subjected to great afflictions after entering into the Ahmadiyya Jamaat, but having full trust in God Almighty, I stand up to them from today. Pray for me that God makes me brave enough to face those hardships.
The actual goal is that God fills my heart with true faith and makes me a firm believer in Islam. May my entire life and wealth be spent in the way of Islam. Again I beg you to carry out special prayers for me. I desperately need God Almighty’s mercy. All friends are requested to please pray for me. I pray that this letter of mine reaches you at such a good time that I may get your special attention and achieve firmness in faith.
Moreover, pray that may God Almighty by His mercy help all my relatives, near ones and friends to become firm believers by accepting the true Promised Messiahas. May God Almighty soon transform my dear friends into ardent believers. Amin!
(Muhammad Hassan Khan Ahmadi, Cantonment Camp, Balbali)
Donations for the launch of a magazine from America
Dear Editor Sahib Al Fazl [newspaper], assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu! I am very happy to hear from my husband that Hazrat Mufti Muhammad Sadiq Sahib, may Allah be with him, has proposed to publish a magazine in America, and that there has been an appeal in the newspaper, Al Fazl, for its donation. I promise to donate half a dollar a month for one year. Please write to me when you need it. I will continue to send the [promised] donation every month. All praise belongs to Allah that the Merciful God granted strength to this humble one to take part in this good deed, alhamdolillah!
(Wife of Muhammad Saeed Ahmad, Clerk Post Office, Sargodha)
2. The Ahmadiyya Jamaat in Peshawar promises to donate two dollars monthly for the proposed [Ahmadiyya] American magazine. The funds will be transferred under the instructions of Sadr Anjuman Ahmadiyya, insha-Allah!
وَ مَا تَوۡفِیۡقِیْٓ اِلَّا بِاللّٰہِ
“There is no power in us save through Allah.”
(Secretary Abdul Majeed Ahmadi)
3. Dear Editor Sahib [Al Fazl newspaper], assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu! A money order of 10 rupees has been sent as a donation for the English magazine which will be issued by the Mufti Sahib from America. Our Jamaat will continue to present annual donation, insha-Allah. Please publish this in the newspaper.
(Badruddin Ahmadi, Secretary Anjuman Ahmadiyya, Multan)
Al Fazl, 22 November 1920
4. As Hazrat Mufti Sahib has appealed with respect to the launch of a magazine from America, send a VP of one dollar in the name of the three of us, respectively, (one dollar annually per person):
i. Khairuddin Ahmad, Proprietor Punjab Cycle Works, Aminabad Park, Lucknow
ii. Syed Arshad Ali Malik, Ahmadiyya Cycle, Mart Latouche Road, Lucknow
iii. Syed Irtza Ali, Managing Director Students Commercial House, Aminabad Park, Lucknow
Yours humbly, Irtza Ali Ahmadi, Lucknow
5. Agreeing with the proposal of Hazrat Mufti Sahib, I promise to donate two dollars annually. I will immediately send the funds after your postcard will reach me.
(Syed Mohammad Aqeel Ahmad, Manager Coffee Shop, Connaught Road, Rawalpindi)
6. Mirza Mubarak Sahib, Chawa Settlement, promises to donate five rupees for [the launch of] magazine from America.
Ahmadiyya tabligh in Mauritius
The verdict of the case of the mosque has not been issued yet. Meanwhile, Ahmadi members are focused on renting a house in Port Louis. For this, it is suggested that every Ahmadi man and woman should donate one rupee respectively and give chairs, tables, etc. for the house furniture. Work has started and [our efforts] will soon bear fruit, insha-Allah. We reached Amaury on 18 September . A sincere Ahmadi named Hassan Ali lives there. The people over there follow a Pir Sahib. As they have left apparent practices of prayers, they offer prayers in their hearts. They have gone beyond the Shariah [divine law] and are immersed in the sea of ma‘rifat [enlightenment].
Tabligh was carried out to a Hussaini Sardar [leader] in that place and some other people also came after some time. There were also some Hindus, who were conveyed the message of Islam as well. Some people were also preached on 19 September . A person was conveyed the message, who used to attend majalis [conferences] of Muharram. He asked, “Why do [none of] the maulvis not believe [you]?” I replied, “Think! There were 60 to 70 men with Imam Hussainra and there were a lot of people with Yazid, but Imam Hussainra was in the right.”
Tabligh has been done on various occasions. May God produce good results.
(Sufi Hafiz Ghulam Muhammad Ahmadi BA, Mauritius)