Last Updated on 30th April 2021
As we approach the last 10 days of Ramadan, wherein the Holy Prophetsa would increase his worship even more than before, Muslims around the world will seek to emulate this noble example in the hope of attaining closeness to their Lord and Creator.
Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih Vaa reminded us on Friday, 16 April 2021:
“By praying for others, our own prayers are accepted – we should always remember this. In fact, those who pray for others, angels pray for them in return. And if angels are praying for someone, then what a great transaction this is!”
Thus, by putting others first and putting ourselves second, we can benefit even more from prayers.
Bearing this in mind, as Al Hakam has done in previous years, we wish to highlight certain appeals for prayers Huzooraa has made over the years, especially in the last 10 days of Ramadan.
Huzooraa usually draws our attention to pray:
- for all Muslims, that Allah the Almighty saves them from unchaste and materialistic evils and guide them towards spirituality. May the Muslim world attest to the truth of Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmadas that he was indeed the Promised Messiah and Mahdi and may all Muslims ultimately be united once again
- for the worldwide Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat, that Allah may keep every single Ahmadi in His protection and save them from every harm; that Allah may grant them steadfastness and the strength to always remain attached to the institution of Khilafat
- for all waqifeen and waqifeen-e-nau, that Allah grants them the ability to fulfil their pledges and responsibilities
- for those entangled in worldly vices, that Allah rescues them and enables them to follow the right path
- that every Ahmadi, other Muslims and the rest of the world be protected from the adverse effects of the Antichrist
- for the shuhada (martyrs) of Ahmadiyyat and their families. (Syedna Bilal fund is established in the Jamaat where readers can donate for the welfare of the families of shuhada)
- for aseeran (prisoners) in the way of Allah, that they and their families are granted patience and comfort by Allah. May Allah provide immediate means for the acquittal of all aseeran
- for those who have been afflicted by any kind of illness and suffering as a result of it
- for those facing financial difficulties, either in their businesses, due to being under heavy debts or otherwise
- that the oppressed – politically, socially or religiously – are granted ease by Allah
- for those undergoing matrimonial disputes
- for those families that are feuding, that Allah may quickly dissolve such disputes
- for widows, for orphans and those deprived of their rights. (Readers are reminded of the Yatama Fund where they may donate in this way)
- for young women and men who have reached the age of marriage but have still not found the right match. (Readers may donate to the Maryam Shadi Fund, launched in 2003, to help deserving and less fortunate parents with regard to the marriage of their daughters)
- for couples with no offspring, that they may soon experience the joy of offspring
- for the unemployed that they may find jobs
- for students, that they may be successful in their exams and in their pious endeavours
- for agriculturalists, industrialists, businessmen and women and any others involved in litigations
- for the Darveshan of Qadian (those who stayed behind in Qadian after the partition of the Indian subcontinent) and for the residents of Qadian
- for Ahmadis living in Rabwah and in the rest of Pakistan who continually face hardships in the way of their faith
- for Ahmadis of other countries, like Algeria, where life has been made difficult for them only because they have accepted the Imam of the age, the Promised Messiahas
- for those who participate in financial sacrifice through Tahrik-e-Jadid and Waqf-e-Jadid, that Allah may grant them prosperity. (Tahrik-e-Jadid was initiated by Hazrat Mirza Bashiruddin Mahmud Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih IIra in 1934 when Majlis-e-Ahrar started an agitation against the Jamaat and declared that they would not rest until they had wiped the Jamaat off the face of the earth. In response, Huzoorra launched Tahrik-e-Jadid, so that Allah’s message could be delivered to the corners of the earth. Waqf-e-Jadid was founded in 1957 by Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IIra. The aim of this scheme is to bring education and training to rural jamaats, as well as to take the message of Allah’s oneness to polytheists. Readers may want, in these final days of Ramadan, to fulfil their promises towards these schemes and participate in spreading the message of Islam across the globe)
- for those who offer financial sacrifice for the Jamaat
- for workers of the Jamaat around the world, that Allah accepts their endeavours and grants them the best of His rewards. Also for the many volunteers who work in various parts of the world for MTA. (There is a fund in the Jamaat’s financial system dedicated to MTA and readers may donate towards it)
- for those stricken by natural calamities in various parts of the world, that Allah may shower His mercy upon them. (Humanity First is a charity organisation of the Jamaat that provides relief to calamity-stricken people on a global scale. This great opportunity to donate and help the calamity-stricken creation of Allah is also a great way to spend in the way of Allah)
These are just some of the prayers we should pay attention to. However, while Huzooraa guides us towards these prayers, he also urges all Ahmadis to increase in saying certain prayers from the Holy Quran, of the Holy Prophetsa and of the Promised Messiahas.
May Allah the Almighty help us all to feel the pain of others and thereby pray for them, thus following in the footsteps of our noble master, Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.
اَللّٰهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَی مُحَمَّدٍ وَ عَلَی آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا صلَّيْتَ عَلَی اِبْرَاهِيْمَ وَ عَلَی آلِ اِبْرَاهِيْمَ اِنَّكَ حَمِيْدٌ مَّجِيْدٌ
اَللّٰهُمَّ بَارِكْ عَلَی مُحَمَّدٍ وَ عَلَی آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا بَارَكْتَ عَلَی اِبْرَاهِيْمَ وَ عَلَی آلِ اِبْرَاهِيْمَ اِنَّكَ حَمِيْدٌ مَّجِيْدٌ